Are you tired of experimenting with DIY supplementary heating techniques to keep your greenhouse warm?
Then you must be looking for other options. For those who have gone through the dilemma, the experts recommend finding the best greenhouse heater running on electricity.
Some DIY methods such as paraffin heaters are undoubtedly cost-effective but they do pose other problems such as raising the humidity, triggering fungal diseases to the crops, and so much more.
This is why most horticulturists trust electric greenhouse heaters for keeping the plants healthy in winter. Don’t worry about the expenses. There are some highly energy-efficient models in the market that will help to cut down the cost on monthly electricity bills.
We have years of experience working with different supplementary heating systems inside the greenhouse. During our years of greenhouse farming, we have used several of them. Based on our personal experience with some models and the real customer reviews, we have chosen the top picks.
To ease your search, we have herein provided detailed information about the top electrical heaters, a buyer’s guide, alongside answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Comparison Table of Best Greenhouse Heater
- Best Greenhouse Heater Reviews In 2020
- 01. Vornado MVH Vortex Heater
- 02. Comfort Zone CZ220
- 03. Dr. Heater DR218-1500W
- 04. Lasko 675919 Stanley Pro-Ceramic Utility Heater
- 06. Buyplus Electric Garage Heater
- 07. Bio Green PAL 2.0/US Palma
- 08. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
- 09. Avenger FDT3IR Dual Fuel Ventless Infrared Heater
- 10. Dyna-Glo BF10NMDG Heater
- 11. ISILER Space Heater
- Buying Guide: Things to Consider to Buy the Best Heater for Greenhouse
- Frequently Asked Question about Best Heater for Greenhouse
Comparison Table of Best Greenhouse Heater
|Vornado MVH Vortex||• Heating capacity 750-1500 w • 3 stage heat setting • Auto on and off • Weight 3.76 pounds|
|Comfort Zone CZ220||• Significant heating capacity • Manual dual knob control • Fan-forced type • Weight 16lbs|
|Dr. Heater DR218||• Heating capacity 1500 w • Built-in over-heat protection • Fan-forced air technology • Weight 13 lbs|
|Lasko 675919 Stanley Pro||• Heating capacity 1500 w • Over-heat protection • Fan-forced air technology • Weight 8.8 lbs|
|Bio Green PHX 2.8||• 1000/1800/2800 W • 3 heat output options • Air circulation type • Weight 11 lbs|
|Buyplus Electric Garage Heater||• Heating capacity1500 w • Over-heat protection • Air circulation type • Weight 4.14 lbs|
|Bio Green PAL 2.0||• Heating capacity 1500 w • Thermostatic control • Air circulation heater • Weight 9.28 lbs|
|Lasko Designer Series Ceramic||• Heating capacity 1500 w • Adjustable thermostat • Air circulation type • Weight 3 lbs|
|Avenger FDT3IR Dual Fuel||• Heating capacity 30,000 BTU • 5 Heat Settings • Thermostat Control • Weight 29.8 lbs|
|Dyna-Glo BF10NMDG||• Heating capacity 10,000 BTU • Customizable heat setting • Air circulation type • Weight 16 lbs|
|ISILER Space Heater||• Heating capacity 1500 w • Adjustable thermostat • automatic overheating protection • Weight 2.42 lbs|
Best Greenhouse Heater Reviews In 2020
Considering there are so many heaters available in the market today, finding the right one may seem a bit overwhelming. Read on this quick guide and the best greenhouse heater reviews, to find the most suitable model to meet your gardening requirements.
01. Vornado MVH Vortex Heater
MVH Vortex Heater has a compact design, built-in thermostat, and 3 heat settings to provide the required temperature inside your greenhouse. It will automatically stop heating upon reaching the maximum temperature according to the settings. In the due course, it will again restart, when the temperature levels drop again. This allows you to save electricity, without harming the plants.
Features and Benefits
- Smart Compact Design: This heater is a lightweight appliance that you can accommodate in a small space. Measuring 7.68” (H)x 7.13” (W)x 5.94” (D), the Vortex heater has a much wider base for safe placement and prevents tip over issues.
- Powerful Forced-Fan Heating: This small heater has a robust high-speed fan that helps to spread the heat uniformly throughout the room. This allows the plants in all corners of the greenhouse to receive the same temperature and warmth.
- Three Temperature Settings: There are three different temperature settings of 750W, 1125W, and 1500W. This allows the user to adjust the required temperature based on the type of plants inside the greenhouse.
- Built-in Thermostat: The thermostat cuts down the heating procedure once the maximum heat as per the settings is attained. It prevents overheating inside the room while saving electricity by stopping the device from running further.
- Cut-off Switch: Despite having a wider base, it can tip over due to manhandling or pushing. There is a backup cut-off switch that immediately detaches the electricity supply and stops the heating process to prevent accidents or fire breakout.
Vortex Heater is perfectly suited for heating small to medium-sized greenhouses. It is a light and portable heater with fan so you can shift it to any convenient position anytime depending upon the availability of space. Considering the competitive price margin and loads of astounding features, it is the best heater for small greenhouse with an impressive look.
02. Comfort Zone CZ220
If you have a large greenhouse with plants placed close to each other, a ceiling mount heater helps to spread the heat easily to all corners of the room. Consider installing this adjustable ceiling mount heater to protect your crops from dying during chilling months. It is equipped with dual knob controls and a sensor to prevent overheating issues.
Features and Benefits
- Heavy-duty Steel Body: The outer casing of this heater is built of heavy gauge steel to withstand the frequent fluctuations in temperature due to insufficient insulation.
- Thermostat with Temperature Control Knob: This dual control knob helps to set the temperature as required for your saplings. The thermostat automatically stops the heating when the temperature in the room is maximum. This ensures that your plants are safe and receiving proper warmth.
- Adjustable Mounting Angle: If you need to direct heat to a certain direction, the adjustable mounting feature can help. However, the powerful fan will keep running to distribute the heat proportionately in all parts of the room.
- Built-in Heat Control Sensor: This is a cutting edge technology allowing the heater to switch off automatically upon reaching the maximum temperature as per your chosen settings. It prevents overheating, damage to crops, or catching fire.
- Power Indicator: The power indicator light at the front of the heater helps to recognize that the appliance has access to power supply and it is in working condition.
This model is perfectly suited for greenhouses lacking ample space to install an electric heater. Placing the heater too close to the plants can damage the crops at the close proximity. This top-mounted heater with a high power fan helps to spread the heat equally to all parts of the greenhouse. It has several safety features to guarantee durability and ease of handling.
All-in-all this is the best greenhouse heater offering superb energy efficiency and performance. Therefore this model is highly recommended for bigger greenhouses within a budget.
03. Dr. Heater DR218-1500W
Dr. Heater features excellent infrared heating technology suitable for keeping a greenhouse of about 150sqkm warm during extremely low temperatures. Despite having steel housing, the outer surface always remains cool to prevent accidental burns or accidents when touched. Listed as the best greenhouse heater in 2020 by several experts it is safe for running throughout the day and serves all types of heating requirements.
Features and Benefits
- Dual Adjustable Knobs: There are two knobs on the upper front end of this heater. The first knob allows you to set the required temperature for the thermostat to prevent overheating. The second knob helps you to get the right fan speed depending on the area of the room and temperature requirements.
- Light and Portable Design: This small heater is easy to move from one place to another. There is a strong handgrip that allows you to pull it from one place to another.
- Precision Temperature Sensor: The built-in temperature control thermostat helps to prevent the appliance from overheating or catching fire. Depending on the climatic conditions and type of crops, you can adjust the thermostat knob to adjust the temperature.
- Permanent Lubrication: This heater runs on a heavy-duty motor with ball bearing and excellent lubrication that lasts a lifetime. This means it cuts down the maintenance costs completely.
- Heavy-duty Steel Housing: The heater is completely safe and portable. The protective housing keeps the heating elements inside safe in case of accidental collision or splashing.
This heater is an excellent power saver appliance best suited for small greenhouses running on a budget. It requires little or no maintenance so it is budget-friendly in every way. Last but not the least, it is completely adjustable and safe for using without the risk of overheating, accidents, fire breakouts, etc. Overall, a splendid heater for small greenhouse heating requirements.
04. Lasko 675919 Stanley Pro-Ceramic Utility Heater
For those who do not trust cheap plastic material or metallic heaters, ceramic housing is a much safer option. Ceramic heaters offer the same efficiency as the other heater without the risk of hazardous overheating issues. Lasko pro ceramic heater is a brilliant heater with superbly stylish design. It is a multipurpose, small and portable electronic appliance. Use this heater in your greenhouse in winters to keep the plants warm and run it on the fan only mode at home during hot summers.
Features and Benefits
- Pivotal Design: This heater has an adjustable lightweight pivotal design that allows spreading heat uniformly inside the greenhouse.
- VO Safety Housing: This heater has a high-quality VO plastic housing that stays cool even when the heater is running at the maximum temperature.
- Standard Heating: This heater is suited for heating capabilities up to 1500W. This can suffice the requirements of keeping the plants safe even during freezing weather.
- Multiple Settings: You can set the fan speed to high or low. There is another option to run this appliance on fan only mode by keeping the heater off during summer.
- Two Adjustable Knobs: The first knob allows you to start or switch off the power. The second knob allows you to adjust the temperature for the thermostat according to the required warmth for your crops.
If you are looking to buy the best greenhouse heater at a reasonable price, Lasko is worth every cent. It does a wonderful job to keep your plants warm as per the required temperature while keeping a check on your expenses on monthly power consumption.
05. Bio Green PHX 2.8 Phoenix Greenhouse Heater
Whether you want a ceiling mount heater or just want to place it on the floor of your greenhouse, Phoenix Greenhouse Heater is the ultimate choice for small spaces. It can heat up rooms of up to 100sqft and keep the plants frost-free in an area of up to 180sqft. This small heating equipment can produce an output of up to 9553 BTUs or 2.8kW.
It is a complete solution for your greenhouse cultivation requirements. From growing small plants to keeping them protected from freezing during cold months, this heater does everything perfectly.
Features and Benefits
- 3 Output Levels: Depending on the required temperature, this heater has three temperature adjustment options- 1000W/3412BTUs, 1800W/6149BTUs, and 2800W/9553BTUs.
- Precise Capillary Thermostat: The built-in thermostat in this heater allows you to maintain a temperature within 32℉-79℉.
- Powerful Fan with 2 Function Settings: The built-in fan in this heater runs at a high speed to regulate the heat equally in all directions. You can also operate this fan to provide cool air when the heater is off.
- Waterproof Housing: The housing has an IPX4 rated waterproof coating that prevents rusting and damages due to humidity inside the greenhouse.
If you are looking for a compact, lightweight, and highly functional electrical supplementary heating system, Bio Green PHX 2.8 is the best heater for small greenhouse with roof hanging facility. It offers 3 different temperature adjustments to suit your heating requirements. It is a bit expensive model compared to the area of heating but considering the high-end reliability and performance, it is worth every cent.
06. Buyplus Electric Garage Heater
This is a perfect fan cum supplementary heating solution for small to mid-sized greenhouses and garage spaces. It comes with an attached mounting stand so you do not have to purchase additional attachments separately. Once you have adjusted the temperature depending on the plants inside the greenhouse and climatic conditions, there is no need to turn the heater off.
Features and Benefits
- Instant Heating Technology: This heater runs on a 15W engine. Once the settings are done, it can heat up the entire premises in just 3 seconds.
- PTC Thermostat for Greater Durability: Equipped with the PTC stones and cutting edge technology, the built-in thermostat do not heat up the appliance constantly. It, therefore, remains cool from inside as well as outside. Apart from protecting from overheating, it also keeps the inner parts safe increasing the life and durability of the heater.
- 3 Operational Modes: The user can choose to run this appliance in the fan only mode, high or low heating mode. This means you can get cool air during summer heat and keep the greenhouse warm in winter.
- Overheating Protection: The built-in thermostat automatically cuts off the power supply to the heating unit when the maximum temperature as per the settings is achieved. The appliance will turn on again when the temperature inside the greenhouse falls below the required minimum temperature.
- Adjustable Mounting Angle: Once set on the floor of your greenhouse, you may choose to change the angular direction of the heater to any angle up to 90 degrees.
This is yet another ETL listed greenhouse in the list winning the trust of millions of people worldwide. It is a highly power saver heating device to purchase at a reasonable price range. It is lightweight, compact, and easy to use so you can shift the heater anywhere as and when required.
07. Bio Green PAL 2.0/US Palma
If you own a smaller greenhouse, it is worth considering mini size heaters to protect your crops in winter. Bio Green PAL 2.0 is the smaller version of the Phoenix model. It can keep the plants in a perfectly safe condition during winter in greenhouses of up to 120sqft.
Features and Benefits
- Small and Compact Design: Having a dimension of 11x11x14 inches, this mini heater fits in a small space on the floor. The strong mounting stand keeps the heater in position without the risk of skid or fall issues.
- Dual Function Heater: Apart from various heat settings, you can also set it on the fan only mode. It then acts as a ventilation system to eliminate extra humidity from the greenhouse to prevent the development of molds and fungal infections on the plants. This appliance supports a ventilation rate of up to 460m3/h.
- IPX4 Splash-proof Stainless Steel Casing: The rust-free stainless steel housing protects the heater parts including the fan and the motor from moisture contact. Therefore, you can safely use this appliance in damp rooms without the risk of any accidents or damage.
- Palma Digital Version Thermostat Control: When it comes to choosing temperature settings, Bio Green PAL 2.0 offers several options. You can set the temperature anywhere between -58℉ to 210.2℉. When the required temperature is attained, the appliance will shut-off automatically to save power and prevent overheating.
- Flexible Temperature Settings: Using the thermostat, you can choose to set the temperature to 32℉ or 0℃ for the plants sprouting in the frost. With the heating output of up to 2000W, it can circulate heat at a speed of 163m3/h.
If you are looking to get started with a mini greenhouse heater, this is the best greenhouse heater in 2020 with excellent features. It is available at a competitive price margin but is a quality product from a brand you can trust.
08. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
This 1500W ceramic heater is much more than a supplementary heating system. It is beautifully crafted to enhance the indoor garden ambiance. The model is perhaps the only exceptional inclusion in the list of best greenhouse heater reviews that offer both good looks and performance. As regards the functionality, it has several features to serve the purpose of maintaining the required heat for optimal plant health.
Features and Benefits
- Adjustable Thermostat: This heater is equipped LED control panel that allows you to set any temperature within the range of 60℉-85℉. Upon reaching the preset temperature, the heater will automatically stop heating further to provide proper warmth and save electricity.
- Programmable Timer with Digital Control Panel: The timer button on the LED touch control panel allows the users to run the heater for any desired period. You can set any duration on the timer supporting 1-7 hours. When you are on a day out, do not worry of turning off the heater as it will stop working upon attaining the adjusted time.
- Smart Remote Control Operation: You can control all functions and adjustments on the heater using the wireless remote control. You do not have to touch the heater every time to adjust the settings by turning different knobs as in conventional heaters.
- Oscillation Technology: The heater uses oscillation motion to spread heat quickly and uniformly in the entire greenhouse. Therefore even the plants at the farthest point from the heater receive the same amount of heat as those placed at close proximity.
There is also an option to disable the oscillation heating but this does not guarantee to spread the heat equally to all parts of the room.
- 3 Heat Settings: The user can choose to set the heating function to high, low, or automatic mode depending on the requirement.
- Ceramic Heating Element: Unlike metallic wires, the ceramic does not heat up quickly. Overheating of the inner parts and the heating elements can result in fire breakout or reduce the durability of the appliance in the long run.
If you are also concerned about the decorative aspect apart from heating functions, the Lasko designer series ceramic heater has much to offer. The structure of the heater resembles that of an artifact adding a decorative touch to the surroundings. This 1500W heater is an advanced heating solution for your greenhouse at an affordable price margin.
09. Avenger FDT3IR Dual Fuel Ventless Infrared Heater
Avenger FDT3IR is a compact heater designed for large greenhouses. It has a heating capacity of up to 30,000BTUs, sufficient for rooms of up to 1400sqft. This heater runs of fuels and not using electricity. If you do not have power supply in your greenhouse, no need to install one as this heater serves the purpose perfectly.
Features and Benefits
- Operates on Dual Fuel Supply: This heater runs on natural gas or liquid propane.
- Vent-free Mechanism: This heater does not require any ducts, ventilation systems, or other outlets. It is an energy-efficient heater that runs on a gas burner.
- Environment Friendly: The ventless technology of the heater offers greater efficiency without the hazards of harmful emissions.
- Built-in Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS): ODS detects the presence of carbon monoxide and lower oxygen supply inside the greenhouse. The heater induces automatic shut-off in the absence of sufficient oxygen supply or carbon monoxide concentration to prevent suffocation or harm to the plants.
- Wall Mount Heater: This is a compact heater suitable for wall mounting. The mounting brackets and other required accessories are included in the package.
- Push Button Thermostat Control: To prevent wastage of fuel or overheating concerns, there is a built-in thermostat. Just set the required temperature for your crops on the heater with a push of a button.
If you are looking for the best greenhouse heater for larger space with many plants, this is undoubtedly a considerable model. It is also an option for those who do not want to spend money on expensive electrical connectivity and installation in the greenhouse.
10. Dyna-Glo BF10NMDG Heater
If you are looking for a heater running on fuel for small areas, this vent-free model is another powerful heating element. It is sufficient for heating greenhouses of up to 300sqft. This is a natural gas heater so no need to install electricity connection.
Features and Benefits
- Natural Gas Heater: This is a natural gas-only heater so you cannot choose to use alternative fuel or electricity connectivity options for operating the device.
- Variable Heating Output: There are two settings allowing the farmers to set the heater on 5000BTUs (Low), 7500BTUs (Medium), and 10000BTUs (High) heat output per hour according to the temperature requirements for the crops.
- Optional Fan Mode: This appliance can also run a fan (sold separately). Running this heater on a fan mode allows you to spread the heat to greater areas with equal consistency.
- 2 Mounting Options: The heater is suitable for wall mounting in places where sufficient space is not available on the ground. However, with WBL 100 base legs (also sold separately) you can mount this heater safely on the ground.
- Built-in ODS: The sensor allows the appliance to shut down automatically if there is carbon monoxide concentration in the greenhouse or poor oxygen supply.
This blue flame technology heater is excellent to keep your plants safe and warm during the freezing months. It is an economical supplementary heating system with a compact design. If you are looking for enhanced functioning, it is also worth installing the blower fan. However, this part is sold separately and not included in the package.
Overall, this is a heater for medium size greenhouses at a budget. You can run it at a relatively lower cost than an electrical heater.
11. ISILER Space Heater
Moving on with our discussion on the best greenhouse heater, this compact mini size heater deserves its place in this list. The manufacturers offer a 3-month money-back guarantee on this item which is a rare case when buying electric heaters.
Features and Benefits
- PTC Ceramic Heating Element: The heater part is made of a ceramic element that consumes less power and prevent overheating.
- Eco-friendly Heater: Unlike gas heaters, this appliance runs on electricity without consuming oxygen inside the greenhouse. It does not releases toxic fumes or cause carbon-monoxide congestion. This is safe for the environment as well as for plant health.
- Adjustable Thermostatic Control Dial: Depending on the required maximum temperature inside the greenhouse, adjust the thermostat temperature. This heater offers a temperature range of 41℉-95℉ so you can lower or increase the settings depending on your heating or cooling requirements.
- Instant Warming: This heater can wide open-air outlet to release heat quickly. It can heat up a room of up to 108sqft in a few seconds. Having a heat output of 1500W, it can heat up a small area in just 2 seconds.
- Small Compact Design: This heater weighs just 38.8oz. Therefore, it is easily portable from one place to another. With dimensions 7×6.7×6 inches, it is easy to accommodate in small space.
- Settings and Accessories: The package is inclusive of the blower fan, floor mounting stand, screws, handle, etc. They are easy to assemble following the quick guide in the user manual. The complete package saves your dollars on additional purchases.
This heater is suitable for keeping a medium size greenhouse warm in extreme temperatures. With flexible thermostat settings, you can even reduce the temperature inside the glass room by reducing the maximum heat output. It will instantly cool the air inside without damaging the crops.
Altogether, ISILER Space Heater is a wonderful mini heater is safe, energy-efficient, and economical heating appliance.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider to Buy the Best Heater for Greenhouse
When it comes to choosing a supplementary heating system for your greenhouse, there are certain aspects to consider. Herein are some helpful tips to help you purchase the best greenhouse heater. Take note of these factors to get the value for every dollar spent without unnecessary expenses.
Geographical Location and Zone
The geographical location of your greenhouse indicates the local climatic pattern in a particular zone. This shows the time for which you require supplementary heating for your crops.
Dimension of Your Greenhouse
The greenhouse heaters are available in various sizes depending upon the area of heating or the volume of air it can heat up. To get the perfect heater size you need to measure the dimensions of your greenhouse. Just multiply the height to width to length of your glass room to measure the volume of air inside.
Area of the Growing Zone
It can be determined by the number of plants you are growing. If you have fewer plants in a large room, you may keep a smaller chamber inside the greenhouse or even create partitions. Keep the plants together instead of spreading in the entire room. This requires less heat so you can choose the best heater for a small greenhouse to save money on fuel/electricity.
Depending on the location of the growing zone, you can determine the position of your heater and install the setup for power supply (if not present).
Required Temperature for the Plants
The temperature you need to maintain depends on the plant species you intend to grow in the greenhouse. If you are germinating seeds, set a higher temperature to warm up the soil and speed up the germination process.
Type of Insulation Sheets
The type of polycarbonate sheets or wraps used for insulation across the walls is another important consideration to take into account before purchasing the heater. If you already have insulation sheets installed in the entire greenhouse, it is necessary to determine the heat retention capacity of the material. Some high-quality insulation materials are capable of retaining heat for a longer period than others.
Weight and Material of the Greenhouse Heater
Horticulturists often recommend mounting the greenhouse heater from the ceiling. This depends on the heating unit model you have purchased. If it is too heavy or large, it can be risky and difficult to mount the heater from the ceiling.
Position of Doors, Windows, and Vents
This is a factor of focus on choosing the best position to place the heater. It is always recommended to install the heater away from doors, windows, and vents to prevent loss of heat. Even the best heater for the greenhouse will consume more electricity to maintain the required temperature if it is placed near the doors, windows, and ventilators.
The outlets especially the doors are opened frequently for various purposes including ventilation. If the heater is placed near an opening, the heat will escape quickly.
Ordinary Heaters vs. Thermostat Heaters
Just installing a heater does not serve the purpose of keeping your plants healthy. It is all about maintaining the right temperature inside the greenhouse depending on the types of crops, area, climate, etc.
The ordinary electric heaters perform well in generating sufficient heat to warm up the greenhouse. However, running the heater continuously can increase the temperature causing overheating issues.
Eventually, overheating can instigate severe damage to the plants. You will need to use a thermometer to monitor the temperature periodically and adjust the temperature according to the requirements.
Using an electric heating unit with a built-in thermostat is not only beneficial for saving electricity but also helps to maintain the right temperature balance in your greenhouse. The heater will automatically stop liberating heat upon attaining the maximum range. It restarts again when the temperature drops beyond the minimum mark.
Frequently Asked Question about Best Heater for Greenhouse
How to increase the temperature in the greenhouse?
Apart from using supplementary heating, there are some effective ways to increase the temperature inside the greenhouse free of cost.
Get Maximum Sunlight
Build the greenhouse at the north-south axis. This helps to receive maximum sunlight from various angles throughout the day. For proper growth and development, the plants require enough sunlight throughout the morning. It is also beneficial for increasing the temperature inside the greenhouse to a few degrees.
Choose Materials that allow Maximum Sunlight Penetration and Retention
Use polycarbonate, plastic, or acrylic greenhouse panels that allow light and heat inside similar to glass. Use one-way window films to insulate all the walls. This lets in most of the light but prevents the heat from radiating out.
Check Humidity Levels
When fans are running constantly after sunset, it can significantly lower the temperature inside the greenhouse despite constant heating. The presence of water vapor in the air helps to trap the heat. At this point, it is necessary to keep track on the humidity levels. If it has dropped, slowing down the ventilation rate can help. If the humidity is too low, increase some watering to balance the level.
What should the temperature be in my Greenhouse?
The exact temperature settings in your greenhouse depend largely on the type of plants you are growing. In general, the horticulturists recommend maintaining about 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit. During the day time, temperature around 90 degrees Fahrenheit is ideal for most crops but at night time, the temperature should be about 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Growing plants (not seedlings) at a reduced temperature accelerates the growth of more branches and flower buds.
How hot is too hot for Greenhouse?
The temperature inside the greenhouse should not exceed 35℃. If the temperature greater than this can cause damage to plants. It is important to have proper ventilation when the temperature rises too high. If the temperature inside the greenhouse is greater than 38℃, open the vents for cooling.
How many BTUs do you need?
The size of your greenhouse, type of material, and insulation are the prime factors for determining BTUs (British Thermal Units) you will need to keep your plants warm. Herein is how to calculate the BTUs required for heating your greenhouse. This will help to buy the best heater for the greenhouse while helping you to choose appropriate size.
The BTUs you will need to heat up the greenhouse is based on the following factors:
- Surface area of the greenhouse structure
- Minimum outside temperature in ℉
- Required inside temperature in ℉
- Heat loss value (depending on the type of greenhouse wall and roof material)
You can find a BTU calculator online to measure the exact value. Based on this calculation, you should look out for the heater size that can fulfil warming requirements for your greenhouse.
What type of heating systems are suitable for Greenhouse?
There are different types of greenhouse heaters using varied energy sources. Ideally, it is preferable to use any one of the following heaters in your glass room:
- Solar heaters
- Unit heaters
- Infrared heaters
- Boiler heaters
Why gas heaters are not the best option for greenhouse heating?
For those who are looking for non-electric heaters at an affordable cost, a gas heater can be a considerable option. The gas heaters can help to raise the temperature to several degrees but will release a lot of toxic fumes, smoke and other hazardous by-products. In the absence of proper ventilation, these harmful elements can harm your crops severely.
Final Verdict, (150 Words)
Not all greenhouse heaters are the same. They differ in terms of features, heating capacity, and other aspects. In our review, we have mostly recommended models that feature a built-in thermostat and high-speed fan. These two aspects are important to heat up your greenhouse faster and save electricity.
If you want to go for too flexible temperature adjustments, Lasko ceramic heaters offer more options to set the accurate heating range best suited for your plants. However, if you are looking for a great design with high-end features at a budget for a small greenhouse, MVH Vortex Heater is a splendid choice for beginners.
When choosing it is highly recommended to check with the buyer about the area the concerned heater is capable of keeping warm even under extremely low temperatures.
I hope that this article on the best greenhouse heater reviews will help you to find the right electric heating system for your nursery.