Did your patio umbrella pole break down? Or the pole has just bent down a little? Whatever the case, it needs a quick fix to avoid any further loss. Would you mind fixing it by yourself instead of calling a professional? If not then you must keep on reading the article.
You can face several types of problems with your patio umbrella which includes broken patio umbrella pole, leaning patio umbrella, spinning patio umbrella, and many more. You have to understand the problem of your patio umbrella and fix it accordingly.
Is it that you can figure out your patio umbrella easily but have a tough time while fixing the umbrella? No worries! We’re there as usual.
We’ll list down the most common problems owners face with their patio umbrella and ways to fix them..
How to Fix a Broken Patio Umbrella Pole?
Any idea how the hazard happened? Seeing your most-loved outdoor furniture droopy and sad isn’t pleasant. There are tons of things that could break the patio umbrella pole.
Image Source- www.thepatioexpert.com
Either your umbrella is too old or your patio umbrella broke due to some strong winds or during a heavy storm. You should contact the manufacturer if they will provide the broken parts. If they won’t then you can buy it from them.
- You can find a UPVC pipe with the same size inside the diameter of the umbrella pole.
- Now put the pipe over the broken part of the umbrella pole and glue it up to cover the gap. You can even use a self-tapping screw on each half to make it stronger.
How do You Fix a Leaning Patio Umbrella?
Summertime? I know how you love those summer winds on sunny days. But what about the angry sun?
A leaning patio umbrella can be very disturbing in times when you need a solid shade. Moreover, it doesn’t look good having an unstabilized patio umbrella.
So you may start looking for ideas to fix it as soon as possible. Here’s a quick, easy, and budget-friendly way to fix your leaning patio umbrella.
- Get two hose clamps.
- Attach these hose clamps to the loose swivel joint to prevent it from leaning from now.
Can a Patio Umbrella be Repaired?
This totally depends on the problem of the patio umbrella whether it can be repaired or not. If the problem is serious then you better replace a new patio umbrella instead of repairing the old one.
When the patio umbrella is too old and you’re having to repair it more often than trust me, there’s nothing better than replacing it with a new one. With the proper maintenance, a patio umbrella should last you 5-10 years, depending on the quality of your umbrella.
It’s quite easy to repair a patio umbrella because you can purchase the damaged parts separately from the manufacturer and fix your umbrella easily in a few easy steps. This way you can increase the lifespan of your outdoor umbrella.
So, yes a patio umbrella can be repaired easily but if the problem keeps coming back then it’s wise to replace the umbrella with a new one.
How do You Fix an Outdoor Umbrella String?
If you’re facing umbrella string-related problems then you’re more likely to replace it with a new one. Well, this is a little time-consuming but is very simple.
You would need a few tools to replace the string such as different screwdrivers, needle-nose pliers, and a new umbrella string.
- To make things easier to do, remove your umbrella fabric from it.
- Take off the crank casing from the umbrella
- Remove the cotter pin with the needle-nose pliers, unscrew the nut and remove the washer and plastic cog. Keep everything carefully so that you don’t lose them.
- Now take the crank handle off the umbrella shaft. All you need to apply a little force and the crank handle would come out.
- Put off the umbrella rivet that’s located at the side of the shaft.
- Get to the umbrella hub so you can unscrew the plastic casing. Be careful the ribs shouldn’t fall off. Now it’s time to remove the string that’s broken.
- Feed the new string through the hole in your patio umbrella hub and tie a knot at its bottom so that it can’t get pulled out.
- Time to pull the new string up to the top of the umbrella and pulley.
- Now, feed the string in the pulley and down the umbrella tube.
- Take the string out of the crank hole and take it through the crank handle, tie a knot and push the string back into the umbrella shaft then reattach the crank.
- There you go with your new umbrella!
How to Fix Patio Umbrella Cord?
Is your patio umbrella still new but the rope has frayed already? I can feel the pain when the umbrella is in tip top shape but you can’t raise it. So I got an easy method to fix your patio umbrella cord and prevent it from fraying again.
Tools that you’re going to need are a drill, a metal drill bit, and an Allen wrench.
- Open your patio umbrella and put that upside down.
- Make a hole through the pole right under the spokes with the drill. Make sure the hole is large enough for your Allen wrench to slide in and out easily.
- Insert the Allen wrench and you’re good to go!
Did you find the method too easy? Well, I think I mentioned earlier that it’s an easy fix.
No doubt, how favorite is a patio umbrella to all of us. A sudden problem with the umbrella can make our days a little gloomy and this is why it’s important to know how to fix a patio umbrella.
As I shared some really easy fixes, you shouldn’t spend much time without your favorite furniture. But if the problem gets bigger and you pass a hard time fixing it then I’d definitely suggest you to call a professional.